From: marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca [mailto:marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 9:16 PM
To: Sean Brennan; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: suspension opinions

I always had good results with four identical shocks on my cars.

I had 4 stock springs and 4 Boge Pro Gas for a long time on the Slegato, and
it was very good at cornering for the money.

Cheers.

Marc

> De: "Sean  Brennan" <sbrennan01@airbaud.net>
> Date: 2006/12/19 mar. PM 07:44:08 GMT-05:00
> ?: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> Objet: suspension opinions
>
> I just purchased a 1984 scirocco 8v. It's in desperate need of a updated
suspension but on a budget.

> The previous owner put 16v springs in the back with some Boge shocks and
poly bushings. So I was thinking of getting some 16v springs for the front,
cut 1 coil, then put on some JOM 15mm (.5 inch) lowering caps. I want to use
the poly bump stops and parts4vws says you can't use Bilstein with the poly
bump stops. I'm going for the "raked" look so I don't plan to lower the
rear. Any suggestions on strut inserts? Probably can't afford Koni so would
Boge Turbo Gas be good enough for this custom lowered job? Or am I going too
low for "non-sport" struts? Anybody got 16v springs for sale?