pic of me and my car

On 12/20/06, Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It would seem the consensus here Drew is that *your* wheels
> were swapped.  Jim J's car came from the original owner and
> had the same wheels as listed in Levi's picture.  And if
> you look at the ad for the '84 Wolfie...   same thing.
>
> S'ok Drew, even YOU have to be wrong once in awhile.  :p

Sure, I do have to be wrong once in a while, but I'm not wrong this time -
at least about what my Wolfsburg came with, because I bought it from the
original owner, and Carrots rolled on 9 spokers from the factory, as did my
"early" 84 Scirocco.

As for brochures, all the 84 Scirocco brochures I looked at on
driversfound.com show 9 spoke rims on Sciroccos  ( it'shard to tell with the
83 Wolfie brochure, it's going too fast in the photos.)

I wonder if it's a Canadian thing, as I have about 40 sets of 9 spokers and
only one set of multispoke rims, which came on an A1 Jetta.

As for multispoke rims, they're just like the shoes: "these rims suck..."
At least on a Scirocco anyways...

So I'll concede that both sets may have been available, but the 9 spokers
certainly won out north of the border.

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD mit ?berVerteilerpumpe
http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd