pic of me and my car

On 12/20/06, Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Looks like a stock '84 Wolfsburg Edition to me - that's
> where the larger spoiler was introduced.  The '84 Wolfies
> also came with those wheels.

According to ETKA, 84 Wolfsburgs (sales code 706 - Wolfsburg II) came in
alpine white, flash silver, mars red and montego black.  They had
body-colour bumpers and mirrors, MFA, remote power windows, rear spoiler,
sports steering wheel and alloy wheels, along with pinstriped interior cloth
in either ermine or black/white, as well as Wolfsburg fender badges.

My 84 Wolfsburg came with nine
spoke<http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/tech/Techtips/Timbotechnotes/wheels/pics/ninespoke.gif>wheels
from the factory unlike the
multi-spoke<http://www.vintagewatercooleds.com/tech/Techtips/Timbotechnotes/wheels/pics/multispoke.gif>wheels
on Levi's car - which I've only ever seen on A1 Jettas, so I'd say
these wheels were an add-on.

One bizarre thing about 84's is they ran past the normal model year cutoff
of 01-08-84, mine has a build date of 09/84, and I believe that Jim Jarret's
former Wolfie was also an 09/84 build.

Does the car have MFA (84's had the 1-2 selector knob integrated with the
cluster) and power mirrors, along with the pinstriped (and falling apart)
upholstery?

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD mit ?berVerteilerpumpe
http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd