Causes for lowered gas preformance?

It all boils down to convenience really.  Do you want longevity (platinum), or short term performance boost (copper).  I change
plugs often, so I naturally go copper.  The impact seems to taper off to platinum levels after 3000-5000 miles, and seems to level
off slightly below that.  I'm only speaking from 16v experience though.

hth
Al