Causes for lowered gas preformance?

What about spark plus. I have heard at least for the 1.7ltr that I have (and maybe all 8v) To stick with the copper Bosch plugs W7D IIRC. last time that I did a tune up I bougth the platinum Bosch replacements (I think they may actually suck)

  When I went to the FLAPS yesterday they again had the platinum ones. I refused to buy them. I am going to try and find the plain old copper Bosch plugs.

  What says the list?

  Thx

  EL T