Finally got my 88 16v on the road!!

can someone please tell me where the coolant temp sensor is located.  I
thought it was the sensor on the radiator itself but I have learned instead
that it is the fan thermostat.  and the Bentley book doesnt make mention of
the coolant temp sensor anywhere that I can find.

Also here is another weird issue.  The coolant light on the dash willl flash
along with the alternator light until I rev up the engine then both shut
off...Any ideas on that anyone?