OT: Gas Tank on it's way and other news.

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 04:21:40 -0400, "Chris Bennett"
<scirocco16vr32@gmail.com> wrote:

>Oh yea... I forgot to ask I am out of town on business and I don't
>have the Bentley with me at the moment.  How much of a NIGHTMARE is
>replacing the gas tank?  Also will I need anything goofy like gaskets?

I've dropped the tank out without disconnecting the brake lines (to
avoid the bleeding thing), but I have the small tank and it is a bit
of a struggle.  I just take out the bolts at the swing joint and
balance the rear beam on a floor jack, letting the axle hang on the
rear struts.

You may need a new o-ring seal for the fuel pickup/gauge sender where
it enters the tank.  Mine was about half powder and came apart when I
separated it from the tank.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9