Wedge Engineering Seat bracket for Recaro...?

Lance,
  Thanks very much for the reply.  I put my responses in your note...

Lance LaPrarie wrote:
> Hey David,
>
> I bought a set of wedge brackets for my recaro's since the power bases
> were just too tall. I had them cranked all the way down and they were
> just too tall. A shop recommended the wedge brackets since they are
> pretty much the only option. After getting them and trying to install
> one I found out that they are just too tall.
Interesting.  I think you must have gotten the Mk2 brackets, right?  The
trouble with mine is that they are actually too short.  The finger that
points towards the front of the car actually hits the metal -beneath-
where it should.  I could just angle it up, but then the part of the
bracket where the Recaro slider attaches on the inside of the car?  That
hits metal too.  I think I need to take a pic and post it up to be more
plain.  I will do so tomorrow..

> I guess since they are made for pretty much any A1 and A2 car they
> aren't specifically made for the rocco. Anyway, I trimmed about two
> full inches off the two rear tabs and redrilled the holes.The brackets
> are static and the sliders do the moving.
Yes.

> At least on my application. I got the recaro sliders. I may actually
> it will go down a tad more.
>
> Use a sawsall to cut off the tabs and a grinder to clean them up.
> Drill a new hole in each tab and mount em up. They aren't as cool as
> power bases but cheaper than the Canadian power ones and easier to get.

I had power bases too early on, and they are fine if you are under say
5'10"?
> Let me know if you need any more info. Should be pretty straight
> forward. Oh yeah, keep the pins in the front guide.
Ah, that is where the trouble is.  Sorry I did not explain this very
well to begin with...

> You may want to make sure the springs are pretty decent so they don't
> let go while you're driving.

BTW, do you have any recommendation on where to get new springs (or
rubber bands :-))  I have not contacted recaro, but then the last time I
did I was treated poorly since I wanted parts to a seat more than 20
years old...  *mad*

Cheers,
  David