Wedge Engineering Seat bracket for Recaro...?

Hey David,

I bought a set of wedge brackets for my recaro's since the power bases were
just too tall. I had them cranked all the way down and they were just too
tall. A shop recommended the wedge brackets since they are pretty much the
only option. After getting them and trying to install one I found out that
they are just too tall. I guess since they are made for pretty much any A1
and A2 car they aren't specifically made for the rocco. Anyway, I trimmed
about two full inches off the two rear tabs and redrilled the
holes.Thebrackets are static and the sliders do the moving. At least
on my
application. I got the recaro sliders. I may actually go back and trim a tad
more off and extend the hole up a tad. That way it will go down a tad more.

Use a sawsall to cut off the tabs and a grinder to clean them up. Drill
a new hole in each tab and mount em up. They aren't as cool as power bases
but cheaper than the Canadian power ones and easier to get.

Let me know if you need any more info. Should be pretty straight forward. Oh
yeah, keep the pins in the front guide. You may want to make sure the
springs are pretty decent so they don't let go while you're driving.