Wedge Engineering Seat bracket for Recaro...?

Anyone use one in a Mk1 or Mk2 Scirocco?

Also, are the floor pans exactly identical, at least around the seats?

The reason I ask; I bought 1 bracket from Wedge for a Mk1 Scirocco.
They recommended I use this one what with my height (6'4").  It slides
home alright, except for the front part of the bracket is actually too
low to engage into the front slot.  Am I supposed to fabricate something
to go onto the tip to make it work properly?

Thanks for any and all ideas...

David