Shine rear swaybar dimension & metallurgical advice needed...

I believe the cheapass rear bar was about a 2" C channel, but I never knew exactly what dimensions.  Call it 1/4" by the pictures and via the memory.  When Allyn gives us the info on the shine solid bar we will know what it would take to beat it.

As for material choice, it doesn't actually matter a whole heck of a lot.  If you plan to use a tube, then the type of tubing you use is more important than the actual material properties; i.e. you don't want a crappy welded tube that will come apart at the seems.  As Dan already told us this week, almost all steel has roughly the same modulus of elasticity (E).

Now, who wants a custom rear axle that is as stiff as a stocker with the shine bar, but has no bar and weighs a whole lot less?  Totally doable.

Brian