OT: Tire Option for Daily Driver

So the time has final come to replace my tires on my daily driver.  (01
Jetta20vT)  With only 54,000 miles on the stock tires they are history and I
am looking for some replacement options.

I really enjoyed the Michelin Pilots Energy that came stock but for $150
each I am not happy enough to spend that much money on them.

The size I will be focusing on is 205/55/16.  Stock tire size for the car.

The general use of these as I said will be for daily driving but I wouldn't
mind a tire that could handle its own on an autocross either since I been
attending the last few in my Jetta and since there only a few left this year
I will probably end the season in it.

Let me know,
-Brian

85 Scirocco 8vT       01 Jetta 20vT       84 Rabbit GTI