Alternate front wheel bearing puller at Harbor Freight

--- julie@menloparkrandd.com wrote:

> Adirondak has a puller for rent. Its a two part
> puller and press that can be used while the hub is
> in the car.
> One section is a hollow tube and the shaft (bloody
> boig bolt) presses a large clyander to push the
> bearing into the first cup.
> Reverce the parts and voila! Bearing out and in!
> $80 to rent $200 in deposit.

Yup, used it (actually from Parts Place a long time
ago and then again from GAP on another rocco).  I'd
rather just get one that works and be done with the
shipping, rental price and deposit.  PP was $20 to
rent, then GAP was $30 to rent in 2001.  Price has
gone UP!

Still, I don't think this HF one is the trick.  It
uses a slide hammer to pull the bearing.  No big deal,
but install would suck.  I'd honestly rather just make
one and be done with it.