16v replacemt calipers

On 11:09:20 pm 04/22/06 "brad boston" <boston813roc@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know its been documented some place but I cat find it now.  The
> stock calipers in my '88 16v are not sticking this week (I
> disconnected the E-brake) but since I was planing some brake work on
> my other car I was wondering what the best thing to replace my stock
> calipers with.  I think I heard some good things about Corrado
> calipers but I cant remember.  I don't think the car actually needs
> anything larger but I would have to consider it if it were an option
> :)  Whats my best bet for new / rebuilt calipers that wont freeze up
> on me?
> Brad
>
> '88 16v Scirocco
> '90 Miata
> '06 STi

Best place? No idea, but I got a caliper that's been working for a few
years now from the dealer, a reman I'm sure, but it's been great. Unlike
the three junkyard wonders that preceded it. Oddly, on the PS, there's a
junkyard wonder that went on 5-6 years ago that has always worked. I know
there's a later type that some have used which puts the bleeder in an odd
spot. They'll chime in no doubt.
Cathy