Emissions failure

ok - it looks like classic tags are the way to go.  i unfortunately
just go regular tags for 75... suck that.

but, if everybody is really sure classic will work in pittsburgh, pa,
then i'll do it.

a few questions:

can i drive unlimited miles?
do i need safety inspection? (assuming yes)
can i drive at night?

thanks all
(cathy, it's an 88 16v, btw)

blake/