Emissions failure

On 2:17:55 am 04/11/06 "David Brown" <sharpshooter33@adelphia.net> wrote:
> I used to pull the plug on my O2 sensor and it would run lean for the
> test and pass.  If I ran it thru with the O2 hooked up I got rejected
> every time.
> Glad we don't have to do that political B.S. anymore in Ohio.
>
> Somebody got rich on those check stations.

Well, don't get me started. But if they test for NOX, a lean condition will
run NOX levels up, and uber lean may also give high HC if it's so lean that
the mix can't all burn.
Here, they have changed things, so anything 88 and newer runs the test
forever, but the newest cars (five year olds and younger) don't test at
all. Pisses me off because my only hope of playing with big displacement is
an 88, and so is the Cabby. The "reason" is that those are the cars that
fail most often, so why did they leave the light diesels in the programme?
They never fail. (There was one failed dsl test in the year we first tested
the POS, and you guessed it, the POS failed (no filler cap), so there you
go) And they don't even get sniffed. You essentially pay $37.50 for them to
test your filler cap and give you the paperwork.

Yeah, and don't even ask me about the Cabby's last test, the car actually
didn't fail it's first attempt because it died on the dyno. That car just
plain hates me. It's been running like a champ ever since the ETest was
over.

Cathy, glad the headache only has one more ETest to do, ever.