Vintage Rubber Website - Seals for your Scirocco!

I can appreciate Dan's reaction.  I recently listed some euro headlight
adjusters on ebay for $6.25.  Someone (possibly a lister, definitely a
vortexer) posted a "question" via ebay email.  The question was a link to
the adjuster set on the Potterman's site.  They sell the adjusters in kit
form for maybe $0.50 less than I was listing for and availability is
limited, so I think I was in the ballpark.  I couldn't really understand why
this person felt the need to police me and my dinky ebay listing, 'till I
posted the link on the 'tex.  Same guy pointed out that my shipping charge
($4.25 for Priority Mail with delivery confirmation - whether you buy one or
all 4 from auctions I had going) was too high; that I could "put them in a
padded envelope should be about .95 cents."

I still don't see the point....I wanted to send in a box for *below* my cost
($4.60, IIRC) so the stuff would be safe and traceable and this dude had the
balls to post in my thread.....He's selling a bunch of odds and ends and I
wish him well...I don't consider his listings to be an opportunity for me to
point out to everyone that his prices are too high or that I saw a hairline
crack in one of his pics, etc., etc., unless I feel he's trying to mislead
or misrepresent.

Listen, these are forums....anyone who posts or emails *anything* must
expect/allow for the possibility of comments...that's the only way we can
keep a level and open and playing field.  It's not too hard to weed out the
folks with bad intentions in an open environment like this and that's good
for everybody.

But we do usually try to approach buying and selling issues with as much
tact as possible and respect the seller's right of way.

Jim