Vintage Rubber Website - Seals for your Scirocco!

Dan,

Please consider the following non-sarcastic, most-humble criticism:

- Cris is not out to make any profit (ala Dirk).
- Cris offered nowhere near a complete set, only the rear quarters IIRC.  This
is the main reason the original post was "to little effect", and makes his post
just as non-competitive even now.
- Someone doing a restoration may actually want those original pieces (i.e.
_real_ 'vintage' parts for those who are funny about that sort of 'correct'
restoration).
- I can think of no better place to post such info than an already running
"Seals for your Scirocco" thread.  We spin tangents off of threads all the time
in here, after all.
- Surely this new site/business can beat the price of the factory parts, can't
they?

I am in no way trying to start any kind of flame war here, but I think its
actually more inconsiderate to flame the guy offering his efforts to locate
factory parts from overseas, in favor of a business.  I'll grant you that the
business is also 'a guy', and is out a lot of $ for tooling, etc, but it is
arguable that this business will also eventually be turning a profit, where Cris
will most certainly not.  Recall that we have already lost such individuals'
(Dirk) efforts because of others (Josh) stomping all over them.  Do we really
want Cris (and other list members) second-guessing thenselves when they find
some other hook-up on rare parts, wondering if they should bother posting to the
list in fear of some other business or bashing?  IMO, this community needs as
many parts sources as possible.  It's about the cars, and keeping them alive,
after all.

We all want good rubber for our roccos, and I'll probably be among the first to
pick up several MK2 sets, so long as the price is right.  Can we all just get
along about stuff like this, please?  It is sure to benefit everyone in the end,
and especially the Sciroccos.

Al