Vintage Rubber Website - Seals for your Scirocco!

Allow me to clarify as well.

I appreciate and applaud Randy's efforts. I wish his venture well. If he
had a finished product that had been in the marketplace long enough for
quality issues to get sorted out and the rear quarter glass seals were not
available anywhere else, and if I was not in a situation where my seals
were so bad that that I needed to stop driving my car. I would have gladly
bought them from him. As it was, he did not have any, and I could wait no
longer.

I'm sure Randy will do fine regardless of other potential sources for some
of this stuff. I'm also sure that VW of Germany has a limited remaining
supply of any of this stuff. For all I know, I bought the last pair. I'm
also sure there will be some items Randy won't make that some Scirocco
owners would like to find at least some source for, and that some Scirocco
owners would only want to go with factory parts regardless, and that others
would only want to buy new rubber that is not potentially ten years old,
and....

This forum is for Scirocco owners to help each other find out what choices
they have for their sometimes expensive hobby. To you that may mean
supporting this one guy's efforts. To me, it means letting everyone know
that there may be other choices out there in addition to this one guy. To
me, that access to information and resources is one of the potential
strengths of the internet, and indeed democracy and capitalism. In my
business, if clients choose to go with a different company, it is not
personal (at least I hope it isn't). I can choose to get upset and blast
the person who showed them they had choices, or I can step back and decide
if the reason they chose to go with someone else is something I should pay
more attention to or not.

I have been involved with this list off-and-on for almost as long as it has
been around. I appreciate what you are trying to say, Dan, but I still
would want to let Scirocco owners know about all of their choices.

Cris