Callaway

All,
    Picked up the Callaway today.  Decent shape for an 80.  Got a tiny
spot o'cancer on the rear hatch.

    Nearly got divorced.  My wife was so angry she threw her keys at
me and hit the R32.  No kidding.  I have about 5 gouges in the paint
to show for it.  I almost cried.  Again no kidding.  I am forseeing an
unfortunate run-in with a blown out truck tire on the way to Seattle,
it's going to put a few gouges in the fender of my car.

    Anyhow the Callaway has some serious electrical issues.  I am
still debating on whether I am going to risk driving it that far.
Depends on what happens tommorow.  The alternator seems to be dying.
I get 33amps peak out of it and only 12.7 volts.  When I turn the
headlights on I get little entertaining light show.  The highbeam,
water temp and oil light all flicker independently of each other.  I
drove it for a while this evening and unless I was in 4k+ rpms I
wouldn't get any dash lights at all.  (well... sometimes like when I
hit railroad tracks.)  I really wish I would have shipped the R32 now
and brought the 85.  I could have at least fitted that with a tow
dolly if all else fails.  Also the heater fan doesn't seem to be
working and good thing it has a 5 point harness as the regular seat
belt seems to be a POS.
    I have an alternator on order should be there tommorow at 11am so
that won't throw off my time table too bad.  If I can't get some joy
out of it tommorow with a new alternator then I am going to leave it
in Cincy I believe.

    Anyhow I am really tired and emotionally drained.  Me and the old
lady had it out pretty bad.  It's cool now, but my R32 is wounded and
I feel like an asshole for daring to want a rare scirocco.  If this
thing breaks down I am never going to hear the end of it.  Maybe she
is right in the respect that I will never see a return on the
investment and three may be too many.

The 87 is up for grabs.  Make me an offer.

Chris

--
85 Scirocco 16v (conversion) Burgundy
87 Scirocco 16v Tornado Red