Clutch and Transmission is now working!

--- Don Walter <dswalterwi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well 3rd time must have been the charm as I have now
> gotten the Clutch
> working. All I can credit the problem to is corrsion
> while sitting for the
> past few years caused the clutch disk to jam on the
> splined shaft.

One time, in a pinch, I jumped in my old 78 Four Speed
and hit the road.

The clutch was found to be non-op so I crash boxed* it
onto the freeway, only later after things had warmed
up and vibrated, etc did the thing loosen up and the
drive home was normal & uneventful.

Of course NOWadays I recondition everything, but back
them it was a bit a of a jam to get out of and the Roc
was unprepared in advance.

Funny you should mention this as a I stubbed my toe
yesterday on a center plate for a 5speed.

TBerk
 *Changing gears without a clutch, hopefully without
the _crash_ part.)