Rigging up a fuel line question

This is between the accumulator and the fuel filter. I installed a 16v
fuel line because I botched my mk1 line (don't ask), but the 16v line
stops near the fuel pump whereas the mk1 line goes all th way to near
the spare tire well. So, I need to rig up a patch. So...

Are fuel lines rated for material or pressure or both?

I thought I had the perfect short-term solution for fuel line patch - I
found a hose (that I think is vacuum) that was as stiff as any type of
hose I'd felt before. Both the fitting and  the patch of line I need fit
snugly and could secured w/ a clamp. Since the hose was specifically for
the fuel system, I used a length of Aeroquip fuel line that I recently
got in a turbo purchase. However, the ID is a tad larger and won't fit
the patch line:

http://validpath.com/images/scirocco/comparison1.JPG

http://validpath.com/images/scirocco/comparison2.JPG

Now my question is this - since I can't be sure where the first hose
came from, can I trust it for fuel even though from a pressurization
standpoint I'd bet money it'll hold?

Thanks!  Jeff