Rigging up a fuel line question

Subject: Rigging up a fuel line question

This is between the accumulator and the fuel filter. I installed a 16v fuel
line because I botched my mk1 line (don't ask), but the 16v line stops near
the fuel pump whereas the mk1 line goes all th way to near the spare tire
well. So, I need to rig up a patch. So...

Are fuel lines rated for material or pressure or both?

I thought I had the perfect short-term solution for fuel line patch - I
found a hose (that I think is vacuum) that was as stiff as any type of hose
I'd felt before. Both the fitting and  the patch of line I need fit snugly
and could secured w/ a clamp. Since the hose was specifically for the fuel
system, I used a length of Aeroquip fuel line that I recently got in a turbo
purchase. However, the ID is a tad larger and won't fit the patch line:

http://validpath.com/images/scirocco/comparison1.JPG

http://validpath.com/images/scirocco/comparison2.JPG

Now my question is this - since I can't be sure where the first hose came
from, can I trust it for fuel even though from a pressurization standpoint
I'd bet money it'll hold?

Thanks!  Jeff

Friends don't let friends rig their fuel delivery systems!
...And there's a reason why Volkswagen used pressure hoses on the fuel and
air-conditioning lines.

Keep the fuel system stock, or better, especially on a restoration project.

See the other email...

Peter
http://thescirocco.com/

Please! Include the previous text in your reply...