Am I high? Or, is that the way it's supposed be...

 -----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Toomasson [mailto:area53@validpath.com]
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 6:06 PM
To: peter@thescirocco.com
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: Am I high? Or, is that the way it's supposed be...

:p

I just found that out at the yard and pulled one of those fasteners.

Peter - since you installed 16v lines into pre-late '84 vehicle, did you
find out as I did that there is no OEM solution to joining the
accumulator-to-fuel distributor line?

Sure there is...
Just use the pressure hose from an '85, and up, Scirocco, or Cabriolet.
Then mount an '85, and up, fuel accumulator, to the vertical floor by the
rear seat cushion.

Here's the little bad boy, that made my conversion possible. There's a lot
less line to rust away, and it's not as exposed, as the early hose:
http://thescirocco.com/images/fuelhose.JPG

Thanks to "'Jeff'" <scorpio71@ and Gordy for sending me the stuff so
quickly.

What did you end up doing for yours? I found a piece of intake-like hose
that I fashioned an extension with some left over fittings I had. Then I
remembered I have 3 feet or so of Aeroquip fuel line from a turbo purchase
that so happened to have the same diameter. I'll be switching over those
fittings today.

Thanks for the help - JT

No problem...

I used the Scirocco 16V main feed and return fuel lines, modified an early
accumulator bracket, which secures a later, and smaller accumulator near the
fuel pump. I modified the fuel pump cage, so that it wouldn't rub against
the fuel line. After the mod, the cage only has one 8mm stud/13mm nut and
the inlet hose and supply hose to hold it in place. I checked it, and it
holds it pretty good, and it's definitely better than before I fixed it,
because there was no sign of a fuel pump cage. It was probably rusted in
half, and then removed by a PO, but that's speculation...

The 16V Scirocco feed line is steel, and then it has a short length of
plastic line, to replace the coiled up braided line, that's prone to
corrosion.

Let me know if you want to see a pic of it...

Peter