Fwd: Strange noise

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gordy Stedman <ydrogs@gmail.com>
Date: Sep 18, 2005 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: Strange noise
To: desinor@sympatico.ca

"Can someone tell me what would be causing a *slapping sound when I start
out and turn*."
 That is why I thought it was a CV issue. When the outer one goes dry and
you make a slow turn you will hear a loud ticking sound. It will go away
when you drive straight since there is no weight on the joint and it is not
flexing. Since you examined the drive lines and believe they are ok I would
check brakes. Check pads and disks for wear and replace if needed. Might
even unbolt the carriers, take the pads out and reinstall to make sure it
was done right. My pads were making a noise during braking due to improper
installation of the little retainer clip/shim things (I am blaming that on
my assistant).
 On 9/18/05, Jean-Claude Desinor <desinor@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Wouldn't a bad bushing cause this too?

 You referring to control arm bushings since you said you replaced 4 of
them? I do not know what sounds failed control arm bushings make but he
should look at them and see if they are sloppy. Sounds like you have had
that problem and your symptoms are close to his. My polyurethane ones cause
lots of sounds:(

--
Gordy
MK1 x 3