Lockup advice?

truly.  i hope nobody thinks i grease up brakes on a regular basis!
this was a desperation move.

somebody earlier posted this advice:

"Anyone remember Chris DeLong?  He told me some years ago of how to
fix 'jammed rear 16V calipers'.  He said he took them apart and
figured out how they work.  The E-brake part of the caliper is driven
by a worm-drive screw that is engaged to the piston.  Apparently, the
two get cocked, and that is why the freeze-up.  The Cure:  Screw the
piston out a full turn, then lightly rap the caliper body with a
small hammer, repeat both steps again, then screw in the piston as
per normal.  He told me once he figured this out that he had not had
any trouble since.  This is all second-hand info, but I consider the
source solid.  At this point, I have yet to test it, but I would be
interested in hearing any experience either way..."

I think I shall try performing this procedure.  Any special tools I
will need?  I've not done VW brake calipers before, so this could get
interesting.

Do I have any hope of getting the pads at the local auto parts store?

blake/