water pump questions (sorta long)

Thanks Jeff, now I can proceed to reassemble with some confidence.  Geeez.  Whoever designed this belt and bracket layout must have been able to think in 5 dimensions.

Also I decided to test the new thermostat beforehand as Bentley suggests, and glad I did -- the old one opened wide at the proper temperature but the new one still hasn't opened in boiling water .. oh yeah THAT would have been fun.

thanks again.
Leo