What fuse?

On 10:02:37 pm 10/29/05 "Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ok.So I got the cap, rotor and plugs done. Put n the fresh Alt and
> started her up. Perfect!\A little boggy on first start though.
> tried the switch for the mirrors and they started to work! (Rear
> wiper still not moving though).
> Any one taken a mirror apart and lubed it? If so.. How?
>

> Julie Macfarlane
> "Its not just a car! Its an adventure!"
> DSM4 entry: "Masochism: See Scirocco"
> 1981 MKI 2L 16v w 2Y
> 1985 MKII 1.8L 8v w 9A Wolfsburg
> Amsterdam NY

I've had mine apart, there's a slot in the bottom of the mirror housing,
you stick flat head screwdriver up in there, and engage a slot in the ring
fastener that holds the mirror assembly in. Don't recall which way you move
it, but you turn the ring and the face of the mirror will come off. The
ring's plastic, so it's apt to be crusty. Not sure what there is to lube,
but that will get you to it. May as well get new glass cut for the mirror
while you're there, what's on the car will no doubt be desilvered for an
inch or so on the edges...

Have fun!
cathy