my new joy

Had a serious spending spree and am very happy.  This
all in anticipation of the car I will be picking up in
a few weeks:

'84.5 pewter grey w/ big spoiler
2.0L bubble w/ Eurospec (272 cam) w/ Neuspeed throttle
 body and match-ported intake (Bellevue)
Jacobs ignition w/ blue ignitors
Euro dist
obigatory k&n
--- about 20K on engine ---
TT exhaust w/ diesel mani
Strutbar, rear triangulated, k-bar, hollow autotech
swaybars
poly on the steering rack (yeah)
Konis w/ Neuspeed (half-hearted yeah - want H&R)
upgraded 16v front/rear brake systems + 16v MC + SS
fuba-fuba-fuba
15" TSW twinblade wheels
corrado seats, momo wheel +shiftknob, tri-gauge, 16v
doorpanels
yadayadayada - I can't recall right now

Owner has had it for 15 years (Jay Waxler)

So here are the goodies I've spent some dough on for
future:

newly rebuilt 2H tranny w/ 100mm flanges (NGP Racing)
eurobumpers
eurolights
16v bodykit (on hold)

Going to add in a good shortshifter (maybe fab it) to
go with my metal shifter pieces that we group-bought
all the way back in 2000 (been waiting to use them on
a project).  There are a few other mech things I'll do
at some point.

Then one day next year it shall get The Repaint
(same).  He originally described it as grey/silver.  I
thought, "oh crap - I already have a flash silver."  I
wanted either pewter or bronze.  I wrote back and he
confirmed it was pewter.  Instant wood for me.  Or
shall I say boost?

*sigh*  It's been a good fall for me this year.  There
is much rejoicing.  "Yeah-yah-hurrah" *flags waving*

-Phil

http://mail.yahoo.com