OT: Advice (that mentions a scirocco)

Okay, as I see it:

a) New baby - this is bigtime, hate to say it, but the "h" word may be a
factor. (_I_ do not get moody from hormones)  Having a new baby may leave
her feeling a bit isolated, and she DOES need reliable transportation. And
so do I, so leave that horrible car of "yours" in my driveway...(mind you,
Canada won't let me import it...but if it's abandoned...)
Seriously, she CAN get from point A to B. In considerable style I might add.

b) The Jetta - is this even marginally acceptable to her? You know as well
as I do that you will spend considerable time "bonding" with any new used
car, can she cope with that? Or is it just gonna be another sore spot?

c) The Brady Bunch: forget what you've heard about marriage, it's all about
reading what she really means...it may not be about the car, but about
time, money, "get out", whatever. Figure out what the message is.

d) You: you are a car guy. She had to know that when you hooked up, so keep
your R32, unless it's totally ruining your lives. Point out to her how much
you'll lose if you get rid of it now. From what the guys on the list say,
spousal jealousy isn't uncommon. Spouses just have to share us with our
cars. Them's the rules. If you can afford it, find her something SHE finds
acceptable to drive, sounds like she'd like a newer appliance type deal.
Then she won't ever need to drive "your" car. Which will suit you I'm sure.

But a new baby can cause some discontent, maybe give it time....

Cathy