OT: Power Steering Fluid squirting up and out of reservour cap on 91 Jetta Gli

I am serious. All is fine at idle. Once I get the RPM's over say 3K, the reservoir seems to suck in air because it compresses. Once I let go of the throttle, it releases a stream of fluid through the red cap on the reservoir cap as far as the hood. This is pissing me off - no pun intended.

I changed all three belts, alternator, a/c, and power steering. I had to hammer on the power steering pump a bit to adjust the tension on the belt. Do you think I did some damage to a relief valve or to the pump itself?

Thanks,

Jim
91 Jetta Gli
77 Scirocco Turbo