OT: Advice (that mentions a scirocco)

On 10/28/05, Bennett, Christopher P ET1 MARMC 1230B
<chris.p.bennett@navy.mil> wrote:

> So here's where the advice comes in... all the rest is back story.  ;)  Stay with me here.  $250 for a car?  One that I sold last January for $1800?  And it has some decent rims on it, decent rubber, do you think it is worth it.  I have already decided... I am keeping the car.  Maybe not the wife but the R32 stays.  I think it would be a decent interim car until we pay the others off.
>
> What do you think?

Hey Chris,

Keep the R32...  If you sold it now you'd be paying the big end of the
depreciation curve - not a smart financial move...

As for the wife - explain to her that to you, your cars are more than
just transportation - they're an expression of your unique character.
99% of Scirocco drivers, and I'm sure a similarly large percentage of
R32 drivers dig the fact that they're not driving a cookie-cutter
appliance...  You are an enthusiast.  Enthusiasts drive exciting cars.
 To force an enthusiast to drive a POS-slug-of-a-car makes baby jesus
cry...  Believe me, I can relate - I had to drive a fucking cube van
around most of the summer...  I died inside...

Also, this looks to be a war of wills here.  Her thinly veiled attack
on your R32 is her conniving plan to "keep up with the Jones' " and
buy a VUE...  Screw that noise.  Buy the $250 Jetta as a practical,
(relatively) fuel efficient grocery-getter - after all, that's what
she wanted right?

Later,

Mark - advocate for the impractical...
75
86
90 Audi Coupe Quattro - 10vt ** For Sale **