non-A/C HVAC fan switch wiring path?

During the progress of my mk1 wiring harness/fusebox reinstallation, I noticed
(or thought I did) that I was missing the portion of wiring that goes to the
HVAC fan switch/knob. To make it even more complicated, I changed to a non-A/C
setup. So, now, the blower has 3-4 wires, but I have no clue where they go. I
was hoping to go out to the yard this afternoon and investigate/pilfer what I
needed, but I may not be able to get out of work at a decent time.

Anyone have experience w/ this?

Thanks!  JT