Fwd: Coolant Sensor and other strangeness

On 8:48:00 pm 10/16/05 Chris Bennett <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok as I mentioned when I hijacked Daun's thread temporarily I was
> going to do a few things to the 85 as it is driveable again.
>
><snipping for the digesters>

> Now about this damn coolant sensor... I found a break and one of the
> wires is VERY brittle.  So I attempted to strip the wire and pulled it
> free of the connector so I have to go to a junkyard tommorow and see
> if I can find one to splice in.  I was very angry.  I followed the
> wire back to where it wasn't brittle or corroded and stripped it there
> and tried what someone suggested with shorting them together.  No
> luck, light still blinks.  Also for grins I put a meter on the sensor
> in the coolant resevoir.  It is something in the Meg-Ohm range but it
> wouldn't settle on a number.   Any thoughts anyone???
>
> TIA
> Chris

I have no clue, but mine acted up today, and did so about the same time
last year, in my case I think the coolant drops just a wee bit this time of
year due to the ambient temp/ "shrinkage". It may also be crud on the
sensor, who knows. I added like 3mL of coolant and it went away. I bet a
fresh plug may just do the trick, sure can't hurt. I could go toss a meter
on mine if you like. Regardless, congrats on a day's worth of resolving
that small annoying shit, it's so hard to get to that stuff, and it makes
such a difference once it's done! I have a ton of similar stuff I need to
get resolved.

cathy