(JH/ABA) Creative throttle linkage solutions for mk1?

For those that aren't familiar with the ABA/JH setup the issue here is
that the ABA block is 16mm taller and moves the TB up against the
raintray.
On my MK II I didn't see any way to "massage" the raintray for
clearance cause the ball is right at the height of the horizontal part
of the raintray. I ended up cutting out a part. Not clean, but I just
didn't see any other way to do it.