Lancia Beta Monte Carlo (& HPE) look like Sciroccos

On 10/13/05, T Berk <bayareaberk@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Sweetness Mark, sweet indeed. Here are some other
> Betas that relate to Mk1 Scirocco owners:
>
> Prototype HPE
> <http://www.lancia-beta.de/lexikon/proto-hpe1.jpg>
>
> And some pix on the road:
> <http://mclellansautomotive.com/photos/B6721.jpg>
> <http://www.italiancar.com.au/images/LN_BetaHPE_lg.jpg>
>
> If you squint your eyes you can see the family
> resemblance.

Here's another Lancia MonteCarlo that looks like both generation
Sciroccos in one car:

<http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/montecarlo1.jpg>

My pipe-dream mid-engined Mk1 project incorporates ideas from the rear
end of the MonteCarlo, with it's "sunken" boot...  I picture the Mk1
side profile being unchanged (including the window), with a flat rear
windscreen at the new firewall - similar to this MC:

<http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/mc.jpg>

Here's a closed in one:

<http://home.cogeco.ca/~mardak/mc2.jpg>

I like the window'ed one better...

Oh to have time and money to burn, and of course, a fully equipped fab
shop...  :)  I gotta find me a sugar-momma!  hehehe

Later,

Mark.
75
80 S
86
90 Audi Coupe Quattro - 10vt ** For Sale **