My clutch?? I thought it was my clutch...now I'm not so sure.

Wouldn't the clutch jam on the shaft in the disengaged position?  My pedal goes to the floor, but the clutch remains engaged.  Sounds reasonable, though, since everything looks fine.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Don Walter
  To: Jim Ruffi
  Cc: Scirocco-L
  Sent: Monday, October 03, 2005 11:58 PM
  Subject: Re: My clutch?? I thought it was my clutch...now I'm not so sure.

  I just went through all this.  It turned out to be the disk jamming on the shaft.  I wire brushed it good with a brass wheel held by hand and put Permex Anti-Seize on the shaft and re-installed it, adjusted everything, now it works again.  I found out that the actual movement is not very much.  There was much more play in the lever than I expected.  The starting position is about 3/4" to 1" from the bottom stop which really threw me off.

  HTH, Don