My clutch?? I thought it was my clutch...now I'm not so sure.

I just went through all this. It turned out to be the disk jamming on the
shaft. I wire brushed it good with a brass wheel held by hand and put Permex
Anti-Seize on the shaft and re-installed it, adjusted everything, now it
works again. I found out that the actual movement is not very much. There
was much more play in the lever than I expected. The starting position is
about 3/4" to 1" from the bottom stop which really threw me off.
 HTH, Don