Guess what I did today part 2

I could absolutely scream.

I installed those Hella headlights today.

I tried to take my car to the local VW expert, but he's had a rash of
break ins on his lot so he won't accept any more cars than he can
store inside the garage.  So I was too late to get it in there but he
suggested that I pull the idle stabilizer and run some carb cleaner
through it.  He told me that it would throw off the fuel mixture but
should solve the motorboating problem.  So I pull the idle stabilizer,
clean it and throw a shot of WD-40 in it, and the car runs alot better
now.  Still wants to bog down under load, but it seems he's offering
free advice and a free tune by ear.

So putting the stabilizer back in wasn't a big deal but I have this
really fucking bad habit of sticking tools in my back pocket.

I go to hop in the car to run to Norfolk, and I hear this sickening
ripping sound.

The interior of this car was in pretty good shape.  The seats had no
rips or tears, that was one of the reasons why I bought the car.
Notice the past tense here.

I could have cried.  I got out and threw the screwdriver as far as I
could, screamed a few obscenities and just went in the house.  I
couldn't do it anymore.  I think that I would rather set the f*cking
thing on fire than look at the seat ripped by my own stupidity.

Bashing my head against the wall.

Chris