90mm vs 100mm axle question

In a message dated 10/3/05 10:00:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
scirocco-l-request@scirocco.org writes:

To the best of my knowledge, the hubs between a 100mm and a 90mm axle are the
exact same part.  The CV joint itself however is not, as its larger
(including the internals).  I run 100mm axles and 9.4" non-vented brakes on my '81 to
save a little rotating mass for racing, and have not had any problems to date.
I have however had problems with brand new hubs not having the proper outside
diameter and causing the wheel bearing to lock up once its all pressed
together.  I don't remember who made the hubs, I wanna say Meistersatz, but I could
be wrong.  In any event, they were "OEM German" units.  I sent them back to my
supplier and got a whole new unit and all the parts for the wheel bearing
free of charge... schweet!

Good Luck