i think it's the fuel pump

On 12:17:32 am 11/21/05 Blake Irvin <blake@clockserver.homeip.net> wrote:
> yep - i think it's grounds.  battery terminals are good.  main ground
> is good i assume because i have a working starter.
>
> the fuel pump ground may be another story - i clamped another ground
> wire from the - terminal to a bold on the rear frame area but got no
> love - still a steady 9v - will test the battery again, of course.
> but the pump is definitely not turning over, just jolting a little,
> as julie said it would do if the volts were too low.
>
> will try running + lead directly to it in the next hour here...
>
> blake/
>
> (going to go slug a beer or two before messing with sparks and
> gasoline)

I usually try to do either sparks or gasoline, and gas alone is enough to
make me hum, so watch the fumes, I know it's cold, but you'll want good
ventilation if you're really playing with fuel. And be sure to ALWAYS
include a fuse in any add on wire, I have a few dedicated harnesses with
both a fuse and a switch, took like two seconds to piece together, and it's
pretty handy, as you can turn it off quickly. And a switch is more user
friendly for even the most sheepish helper.

Cathy