i think it's the fuel pump

On 7:08:08 pm 11/20/05 Blake Irvin <blake@clockserver.homeip.net> wrote:
> NOT getting fuel spray when bridging the FP relay.
>
> The fuel pump itself 'shifts' a bit, but does not vibrate as if it
> were running.
>
> Voltage off the + terminal at the pump is 9v, voltage off the - is 1v
>
> Seems to me like the pump is fried (also tried running another ground
> off of the pump neg. terminal to the frame, still only get 1v.
>
> Before I shell out 100+ for a fuel pump, anybody have any ideas about
> this?  Am I guessing accurately based on my tests?
>
> blake/

I'd be wondering why you don't have 12V, these cars are notorious for
corrosion on electrical connections, how do the terminals look? Your
battery's good for more than 9V, right? I don't think 9V is enough for the
pump, in my case, that's why I was chasing alternator issues before
condemning the pump. On mine, the pump gets increasingly noisier (like a
wasp in a tube), then fails. Adirondack or Potter will hook you up with a
pump if it comes to that, I'll be ordering one from them tomorrow, that way
I know it's the right pump, unlike the last one from my FLAPS.

cathy