Oh this ETesting gets even better.

> Good luck, and hang in there! If they don't pass, just send 'em my
> way and I'll keep 'em until they're 20, and you can have them back.

No, I can't. They will now continue to test until, well, forever and ever I
guess. (Almost as much fun as matrimony!!) No more 20 year rule. I think my
79 may still be exempt, I'd heard 1980 as the deadline for testing.

And yes, they test to the standards for the vehicle/year. My buddy's Cobra
replica, initially registered in 1996 had to test as a 1996, until he got
them to test it as a hot rod, at which point its 1969 engine reverted to
1969 standards. But there may be insurance and other forces conspiring to
destroy my enjyment if I officially call them "hot rods". I'm sure they'd
both qualify as they've both got swapped engines. I'll just sock up on
flanges if this is really the new deal.