Alternator wiring question

> BUT, what is the purpose of that strap from the coil
> bracket to the engine?
> The coil has its own wires on the negative side, so
> what does the braided
> strap actually do? Just another chassis ground from
> the engine?

I believe so, because it would behoove them to have
multiple grounds for the ignition as backup,
considering that time and nature erode the efficiency
of circuit via corrosion.

I just picked up another negative ground cable from
Adirondack for my 8v and it is indeed the braided
cable thingie.

http://farechase.yahoo.com