Alternator wiring question

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 21:50:13 -0500, "C Boyko"
<roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

>BUT, what is the purpose of that strap from the coil bracket to the engine?
>The coil has its own wires on the negative side, so what does the braided
>strap actually do? Just another chassis ground from the engine?

I read (somewhere) that some later cars came with an auxiliary ground
wire (not a braided strap) routed that way and I am a believer in
providing parallel current paths.  Also, I had the wire and terminals
left from adding the alternator.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9