OT: Job offer in NYC

Anyone live in or close to NYC... As most of you know I am getting
kicked out of the Navy for knee problems.

(Didn't invest in kneepads early enough I guess.  ROFLMAO)

ANYWAY...  Got a job offer with a company that installs lighting
control systems (Did lighting for the Eagles Stadium)  It will be
based in NYC,  with travel 50% of the time, medical, dental, laptop,
cell, gas and car allowance, storage facility allowance, independent
work, little supervision.

Starting at $45k to $50k a year.  I know that would be awesome money
in NC where the cost of living is relatively low.  It would be
comfortable in Ohio, but I know that Jersey is out of my price range
to live (at least around Woodstown and the Cowtown Rodeo)

So would I be starving in NYC or living decently on that kind of
money.  Obviously it isn't going to be Park Ave, but I am thinking
seriously about it.

Any thoughts?  Suggestions?

I gotta go practice "Ay! I'm Waaalkin' Heyere"

Thanks in Advance...
Chris

--
85 Scirocco 16v (conversion) Burgundy