From: scirocco-l-bounces+marc=getty.net@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+marc=getty.net@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Chris
Bennett
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 7:16 PM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: OT: Job offer in NYC

Anyone live in or close to NYC... As most of you know I am getting kicked
out of the Navy for knee problems.

(Didn't invest in kneepads early enough I guess.  ROFLMAO)

ANYWAY...  Got a job offer with a company that installs lighting control
systems (Did lighting for the Eagles Stadium)  It will be based in NYC,
with travel 50% of the time, medical, dental, laptop, cell, gas and car
allowance, storage facility allowance, independent work, little supervision.

Starting at $45k to $50k a year.  I know that would be awesome money in NC
where the cost of living is relatively low.  It would be comfortable in
Ohio, but I know that Jersey is out of my price range to live (at least
around Woodstown and the Cowtown Rodeo)

So would I be starving in NYC or living decently on that kind of money.
Obviously it isn't going to be Park Ave, but I am thinking seriously about
it.

Any thoughts?  Suggestions?

I gotta go practice "Ay! I'm Waaalkin' Heyere"

Thanks in Advance...
Chris

--
85 Scirocco 16v (conversion) Burgundy