don't change your air filter!

oooh - nice tip!  the bentley does not mention that in its
troubleshooting section.  i'll have to look at that in the am.

i may also vise-grip off my starter (canNOT find triple-square keys
anywhere...) and take it to the auto place for a test...

did find some wierd unconnected hoses today, a mouse hole in the
bottom of the airbox (little teethmarks round the edge), rust, almost
broken wires that I reconnected, etc.  so maybe not bad in the end.

housing has some bolts through it - the bottom-most one is missing on
my housing - is this a problem?

blake/