Jarhead the Movie/Scirocco sighting.

As I stated before, I read the book "Jarhead" and I just got back from
seeing the movie.  Rarely have I seen a movie that so closely mirrored
the book.

EXCELLENT.  The book goes into the theme a little more but otherwise.

There were several issues that struck home to me.  Please don't think
I am comparing my tenure in the Navy to that of the Marines.  No... I
have nothing but the upmost respect for them.  However alot of the
points he brings up covers the military in general... much the way
that Dilbert does.  ;)

Also I spotted a MK1 Scirocco in the movie.  You have to watch it very
carefully.  I think that they were representing the alleged incident
where fleeing people were straffed and killed by A-10s.  Non
combatants.  There was a huge string of vehicles all burned out and
bodies everywhere.  You have to look very close but there is a mk1
rear quarter panel and rear hatch visible on one of the cars as they
approach.

I did not see any disclaimer that stated "No Scirocco's were harmed in
the filming of this movie" so I have to assume they torched it for the
effect.

The bastages.  My only complaint in the whole movie.

However it makes you think... is there possibly a large population of
scirocco's in the middle east yet to be harvested by us?

Embracing the madness
Chris

--
85 Scirocco 16v (conversion) Burgundy