How did you get your first....

I go up and get the number and after a
> test drive, my ass is now slave to the disease.
>
> -RoccoPhil

LOL, SO true.

My tale? in point form.
Hubby drag raced the TD Jetta for a season, after going to a fluke charity
race
I start looking for a "real" race car (VR Golf) for him
Cafeteria duty with the shop teacher "what you really need is a 16V
Scirocco", he says
Took the mighty Ford to a truck show the next day.
New Beetle parked at the front of the show
Flyer for a VW show on the windshield
Take my bug to the VW show the next week, saw a sticky note "16V Scirocco
for sale"
Two days later, double rainbows in the sky
Test drive, my ass is now a slave to the disease.

I'm gonna add that quote to my signature, I think. Odd how my other
vehicles all played a role in the disease.

Cathy